Originally named Richmond County Court House, and renamed in 1831 in sympathy for the Polish struggle for independence, Warsaw is one of the centers of commerce in the Northern Neck, as it is located where Routes 360 and 3 intersect. Warsaw’s downtown area hosts a park and playground, restaurants, and the Richmond County Museum, housed in the historic Old Jail (1872) on the Courthouse Green. Exhibits at the Museum include the story of the Rappahannock Indians of Richmond County, Moore Fauntleroy, founder of Old Rappahannock County, Declaration of Independence Signer Francis Lightfoot Lee, February Black History Month, and First Sunday in December Holiday Tree of Love Illumination.
Just outside of Warsaw are the main tracts of land comprising the Rappahannock River National Wildlife Refuge. Historic homes surround Warsaw, including Mount Airy Plantation, now open for tours, and the partially collapsed home of Francis Lightfoot Lee, Menokin, which provides weekend educational events on architectural restoration. Belle Mount Vineyards is located on Cat Point Creek, with a banquet hall for events, and cabins and campground. Warsaw is also home to a campus of Rappahannock Community College, located on Route 360.