Blue Ridge Highlands
Mar. 20, 21 -
Liz Lerman: Healing Wars
- The 150th anniversary of our Civil War offers a potent context for issues that continue to impact ...
Feb. 11 -
Civil War Conversation- 'A Radical & Irreconcilable Difference’: The Hampton Roads Peace Conference
- On February 3, 1865, five men met for four hours aboard the US steamer River Queen on the prospect ...
Feb. 21 -
"Person of the Year:1865" Symposium
- It is time for the final Person of the Year Symposium of the Sesquicentennial. Who will be named ...
Feb. 26 -
McNeill’s Rangers: Were They Partisans or Bushwhackers?
- Hardy County, Virginia native John Hanse McNeill formed one of only three partisan units to survive ...
Mar. 27 -
“Unionists in Virginia: Politics, Secession, and Their Plan to Prevent Civil War” Book Talk
- Whether the Civil War was preventable is a debate that began shortly after Appomattox and continues ...
Mar. 27 - Apr. 2 -
- Dinwiddie County is a community rich in history and heritage. The County holds the distinct honor ...
May 16 -
After the War Symposium: A One Day Symposium on the Effects of the Civil War
- After the War: A One-Day Symposium on the Effects of the Civil War, is a regional capstone event ...
Thunder in the Valley
- Thursday, 9/11
"Battle of Arbor Hill" near Summerdean in Augusta County (Southwest of Staunton) ...
Apr. 24, 25, 26 -
Buchanan Civil War History Weekend
- History comes alive in downtown Buchanan!
See the flash, smell the smoke and witness the ...
May 15 -
New Market Day Parade & Ceremony
- Every May 15, the Virginia Military Institute honors those cadets who fought and died in the Battle ...
Sep. 12, 13 -
Waynesboro At War Civil War Weekend
- Waynesboro was a town of 457 in 1860, an unlikely place at the feet of the Blue Ridge Mountains for ...