The soul of a great arts festival is the exhilarating sense of discovery that greets the patrons at every performance – moments of pure joy, in the presence of extraordinary artistry. You will find many joyful moments to share in our 2015 Virginia Arts Festival. Come experience the wonder of Coastal Virginia; we have made it easy for you to plan your group trip. There are worlds to explore in the performances of the 2015 Virginia Arts Festival; we will welcome three distinctly different divas at the top of their careers: Renée Fleming, the opera star who has transcended the form and found a place in the hearts of audiences worldwide; Audra McDonald, the Broadway start who has taken home more Tony Awards than anyone in history; and Rosanne Cash, the iconic singer-songwriter whose whiskey voice and haunting ballads linger in the memory. Discoveries abound for classical music lovers, as conductor JoAnn Falletta reveals new beauty in works from past centuries: a brilliant performance of Bartók’s only opera, Bluebeard’s Castle, with towering, glowing glass sculptures by famed artist Dale Chihuly lending mystical beauty to the stage; an astounding, intimate performance of Mahler’s most achingly beautiful songs, in rarely-heard arrangements by Arnold Schoenberg; and a witty staging of Stravinsky’sThe Soldier’s Tale, featuring the stunning violinist Tianwa Yang and Fred Child as narrator. The Virginia International Tattoo, with majestic music, awe-inspiring precision, and soul stirring patriotism, promises to be an unforgettable event this year as it pays tribute to military families. There will be over 900 cast members including military bands, drill teams, bagpipers, drummers, Celtic dancers, choirs and more from around the globe joining together for this epic performance. For early music fans, we’ve laid out a veritable feast: the venerable Handel & Haydn Society, celebrating its 200th year of performance; superstar conductor Nicholas McGegan leading the Virginia Symphony Orchestra; the shimming sound of the female a cappella ensemble Anonymous 4, on its farewell tour; the rich harmonies of the nine-man vocal ensemble Cantus; and the fleet and fantastic playing of the aptly named Quicksilver Ensemble. So much to share: the unparalleled artistry of Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra; breathtaking dance by the proud and passionate Ballet Hispanico and the always-innovative Pilobolus; and a quirky comedy hit direct from the Edinburgh Festival, starring a woman and her dog, Major Tom.
So many stories to be shared, memories to be made…please join us on this voyage of discovery!
Packages and Savings
From day trips to overnight visits to full weekend getaways - our packages are unique and worth the travel. Let us help you combine the wonder of the arts with deluxe accommodations, restaurants, shopping and attractions.
Plan your Festival Getaway now - Groups of 15 or more enjoy special savings.
Dinner and a Show!
A perfect pair and a perfect complement to your Arts Festival performance – dinner and a show! Enjoy a spectacular meal at select Festival Friendly restaurants - it's easy! Just make your reservations and you will receive premium reservation times (you don't want to be late for the performance). Festival Friendly restaurants offer added goodies such as complimentary appetizers, desserts and special discounts.
Call us for tour suggestions for individuals and/or groups.
Performance and Education Events – Student Groups Learn and SAVE!
For the 19th consecutive year, the Virginia Arts Festival brings great music, dance, and theater to stages throughout Coastal Virginia. Students receive discounted tickets, plus can take part in Festival master classes, matinees, and artist workshops. You are sure to find a one-of-a-kind educational opportunity for your student group at the 2015 Virginia Arts Festival.
Top 10 reasons to choose Virginia
Arts Festival for your next Group event:
- The Virginia Arts Festival loves groups! Let us assist you with planning your trip. Along with helping you book your performance tickets, we can assist you with your itinerary, hotel accommodation, restaurant recommendations and attraction listings. We aim to please!
- Since we are so pleased to have your group attending the Virginia Arts Festival, we would love to greet you and welcome you when your bus arrives. Please ask for this service at the time of your booking so we can make sure we have you scheduled.
- With 900 international performers including many of your favorite groups from the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard, the Virginia International Tattoo is truly a perfect show for groups of all ages and interests! The 2015 Tattoo will thrill with music, majesty, and might!
- Get a group of friends together and come to dinner and see a show! We have many packages to select from to ensure you have a wonderful time.
- Discounts are available for groups of 15 and more. Adult group rates represent savings of up to 15% and student group prices are 25%-50% off full ticket prices (unless otherwise noted).
- VIP Ticketing Service - The Virginia Arts Festival is pleased to offer this service, so whether your group has difficulty with stairs, or you’re working on a student budget, we will assist in finding and holding the right seats for your group.
- Bus groups receive complimentary tickets for driver and escort when at least 25 tickets are purchased.
- Parking and Drop-Off/Pick-Up - We provide you and/or your bus driver with information on dropping off and picking up your group as well as available parking at each venue.
- We have student performance opportunities galore – from master classes, to matinees, to workshops – you are sure to find an educational opportunity perfect for your group.
- Virginia Arts Festival will fill your nights with great performances. You can fill your days with discovery - museums brimming with art, streets and ships filled with history, beautiful beaches and waterways.