Established in 1792, Historic Christiansburg includes: Christiansburg Industrial Institute (140 Scattergood Dr.), a private primary school for African-Americans established in 1866 and once supervised by Booker T. Washington. Three buildings remain; one is now a museum. Cambria Historic District (500 Depot St.). Includes a railroad depot museum, collectibles/antique shop and specialty shops. Montgomery Museum and Lewis Miller Regional Art Center (300 Pepper St.). Exhibits on local history and contemporary art displays, including work of folk artist Lewis Miller.
Last Updated: 6/1/2000 1:10 AM