The Craig County Courthouse was built in 1852 when the county was formed and New Castle established as the county seat. It is located in the New Castle historic district on the corner of Main and Court Streets, opposite the Old Brick Hotel. Renovation and expansion was done in 2000, while the original Jeffersonian architecture was preserved. It houses several county offices; judicial court is held regularly. Historical and genealogical records are available in the Clerk's Office. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.