The 59th Middlebrook Horse Show is sponsored by the Middlebrook Ruritan Club, and funds the Ruritan Club'sgood works all year in the community. Located in the midst of cornfields and cow pastures, ten miles south of Staunton, in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the Middlebrook Horse Show is one of few old-fashioned country shows remaining in the Valley.
The show includes;
- Jumping classes for beginners & hunters
- A variety of open classes
- Breeds include Connemaras, Quarter Horses, Saddlebreds, Akal Tekes, Warmbloods, Morgans, and back-yard horses
- Summer riding camps bring their kids for the fun, and experienced riders use the show for schooling
- Jumping classes start at 8AM
- Open classes start at noon and 5
- Ribbons and cash to class winners
- 8 perpetual trophies & championships
- Fun classes ...Champagne Glass class for riders over 21, Costume class, Family class
- Entry fee is $10, and if 3 classes are entered, the rider gets a FREE horse show T-shirt
- A concession stand sells food all day, and a "famous" BBQ chicken supper is served, starting at 4
- Spectators FREE.
The entire 2016 class list may be viewed at middlebrookva.org, and a pre-register entry form is available online. Spectators are welcome: FREE to spectate.