Join us for an educational day with **Wini Labrecque on June 7, 2014
This One Day seminar is designed for current or future alpaca owners that want to learn how to prepare an alpaca fleece for a show and lean what you can do with the alpaca fleece after you shear.
LEARN TO SKIRT AN ALPACA FLEECE FOR SHOW
- Learn the characteristics used in the judging process such as fineness, strength, staple, guard hair, length and hand.
- Observe the hands on skirting of fleeces for a show.
- Find out the difference in preparing a fleece for show or fiber products.
SHEARING IS DONE - Now What Do We Do with the Fiber?
- Learn the many options for utilizing your fleece
- Fiber preparation - understand grading and sorting
- What to send to a mill
- Blending possibilities
- What are you looking for in an end product
- What are you planning to do with your yarn
- How to get the most from your fleece
- Fiber marketing
- An update on the North American fiber market.
**Wini Labrecque is an AOBA Certified Alpaca Fleece Judge and a Certified Camelid Fiber Grader / Sorter.
- Handouts from Wini Labrecque
- Continental Breakfast
** Registration Forms are on our website!!
Admission Fee: 95.00 per person
Last Updated: 1/29/2014 2:40 PM