- Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest
- 1542 Bateman Bridge Road
- Region Central Virginia
- Locality Bedford
- Saturday, October 05, 2013 (11:00 AM)
- Saturday, October 05, 2013 (12:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 05, 2013 (1:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 05, 2013 (2:00 PM)
- Phone: (434) 525-1806
- Event Information: (434) 534-8120
- Email email@example.com
- Website www.poplarforest.org/events
Archaeology Behind-the-Scenes Tours
Archaeologists share their latest discoveries and take visitors inside the archaeology lab. Mark Archaeology Month with an inside look at archaeology at Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest. Archaeologists will take visitors on special landscape tours to view active excavation sites and behind-the-scenes in the archaeology lab where artifacts are washed, mended, and labeled. Poplar Forest is Thomas Jefferson's secluded plantation and retreat home, now a National Historic Landmark and undergoing award-winning restoration and archaeology.
Free with regular admission.
Admission Fee: Regular admission.
Last Updated: 3/6/2013 2:39 PM