Local runners continue to craft one of the most challenging marathon in the US. What began with 6,140'of elevation change has grown each year with this year’s total being 7,430' of elevation change, thus allowing you the claim to fame of completing America’s Toughest Road Marathon.
With more than 3600′ of elevation change, the Half Marathon course isn't too shabby either. And if you're really looking for a challenge check out the Double Marathon option.
For those looking for something a little more tame, why not check out the Anthem Star 10K.
The uphill portions of these routes will test each runner’s strength and endurance while the equally challenging downhill sections are sure to weed out those who are unprepared. The breathtaking views and stunning Blue Ridge Mountain scenery will offer some reprieve to runners as they persevere to the finish line! Are you up for the challenge of America’s Toughest Road Races?
- Featured on The Weather Channel’s list of “World’s 15 Toughest Marathons”.
- Recognized on MarathonGuide.com with a five star rating as one of the best organized and best marathons.
- Profiled in Runners World magazine
- List on Conde Nast Traveler’s “Marathons with gorgeous scenery”
- One of 15 Best Spring Marathons by Daily Burn