Baseball history can be traced back to 1882 in Bluefield, with the arrival of the Norfolk and Western Railroad.
In 2011, for the first time in 53 years, a new team called Bowen Field home, with Bluefield aligning itself with the Toronto Blue Jays as its new parent club. In its first season, manager Dennis Holmberg led the club into the new era with a 40-28 record and an Appalachian League East Division title.
Professional baseball in Bluefield continues on as a staple tradition in the Two Virginias, with crowds filling the seats of Bowen Field throughout the summer months.
Come on out and enjoy an action packed season watching the Bluefield Blue Jays host the following home games:
- 6/23-24-25 - 7:05pm - Bristol
- 6/29-30-Jul 1 - 7:05pm - Kingsport
- 7/5 - 7:05pm - Princeton
- 7/6-7-8 - 7:05pm - Danville
- 7/13-14-15 - 7:05 pm -Princeton
- 7/22-23 - 7:05pm - Burlington
- 7/24/16 - 6:05 pm - Burlington
- 7/28-29-30 - 7:05pm - Greeneville
- 8/4-5-6 - 7:05pm - Danville
- 8/10-11-12 - 7:05pm - Pulaski
- 8/13 - 7:05 pm - Elizabethton
- 8/14 - 6:05pm - Elizabethton
- 8/15 - 7:05pm - Elizabethton
- 8/24 - 7:05pm - Pulaski
- 8/25 - 1:05pm - Pulaski
- 8/26 - 7:05pm - Pulaski
- 8/27 - 7:05 pm - Johnson City
- 8/28-29 - 7:05pm - Johnson City