Learn to carve your own decoy or sharpen your carving skills! Beginners Welcome! Carving experience not needed. Instruction and Kits provided by carver Ed Morrison.
- First time carvers will carve and paint a Canvasback, one of the most popular of all decoys.
- Returning students will carve and paint a decoy of their choice.
- Decoys will be carved from Tupelo, a favored decoy wood.
- Head position can be straight or turned, and some feather detail can be carved in.
- Decoys will be carved using knives and rasps.