- Floyd Country Store
- 206 South Locust Street
- Region Blue Ridge Highlands
- Locality Floyd
- Friday, November 28, 2014 (6:30 PM-10:30 PM)
- Friday, December 05, 2014 (6:30 PM-10:30 PM)
- Friday, December 12, 2014 (6:30 PM-10:30 PM)
- Friday, December 19, 2014 (6:30 PM-10:30 PM)
- Friday, December 26, 2014 (6:30 PM-10:30 PM)
- Phone: (540) 745-4563
- Fax: (540) 745-3911
- Email email@example.com
- Website www.floydcountrystore.com
- Music Schedule www.floydcountrystore.com/events
The Floyd Country Store, home of the Friday Night Jamboree, was constructed around 1910, and has been an important part of the community ever since. What is still most striking in the store though, is that as people walk through the door they can’t help but smile.
The Jamboree starts every Friday at 6:30pm with an hour of bluegrass gospel music. At 7:30pm, dancers hit the floor, flatfooting and clogging to the music of regional Bluegrass or Old-Time bands. The music and dancing continues until at least 10:30pm, with an occasional two-step, square dance, or waltz thrown in for fun.
If the crowd is willing, at 10:30pm we'll round up one of the jamming groups that can be found picking outside or upstairs in the store, and they will play for the crowd until around 11:30pm. Admission is only $5. Major venue on The Crooked Road.
Admission Fee: $5 for adults
Last Updated: 6/9/2014 4:58 PM