- James Madison's Montpelier
- 11407 Constitution Highway
- Montpelier Station,
- Region Central Virginia
- Locality Orange
- Sunday, April 12, 2015 (2:00 PM-4:00 PM)
- Sunday, July 12, 2015 (2:00 PM-4:00 PM)
- Sunday, October 18, 2015 (2:00 PM-4:00 PM)
- Phone: (540) 672-2728
- Website www.montpelier.org
Hike through the National Landmark Forest—a rare hardwood climax forest composed of towering poplars, stately oaks, and sprawling beeches. Guests will learn about ecology, conservation, and Madison's role as an early environmentalist. The trail is a gentle mile loop. $10/person or $5/person with purchase of a mansion ticket. This guided tour begins at 2 PM at the Visitor Center. Dogs on leashes are permitted.
Admission Fee: $5 with purchase of mansion tour / $10 for Big Woods Walk alone.
Last Updated: 3/12/2015 1:48 PM