- James Madison's Montpelier
- 11407 Constitution Hwy.
- Montpelier Station,
- Region Central Virginia
- Locality Orange
- Sunday, April 06, 2014 (2:00 PM)
- Sunday, July 13, 2014 (2:00 PM)
- Sunday, October 19, 2014 (2:00 PM)
- Phone: (540) 672-2728
- Website www.montpelier.org
Hike through Montpelier’s Landmark Forest—a rare hardwood old growth forest consisting of towering poplars, stately oaks, and sprawling beeches. Learn about ecology, conservation, and Madison's role as an early environmentalist. The trail is a gentle 1-mile loop. Tour begins at the Visitor Center.
Admission Fee: $5 with purchase of mansion tour / $10 for Big Woods Walk alone.
Last Updated: 1/29/2014 3:04 PM