- Piney Grove at Southall's Plantation
- Virginia Route 5 Scenic Byway
- Region Hampton Roads
- Locality Williamsburg City
- Saturday, October 04, 2014 (3:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 (3:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 18, 2014 (3:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 (3:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Saturday, November 01, 2014 (3:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Historic Plantation Tours: (757) 229-3060
- Lodging Information email@example.com
- Piney Grove Tours www.pineygrove.com
In Williamsburg's James River Plantation Country you will experience spirited tale telling with ghost "Tours-by-the-Owners" while visiting Piney Grove-1790, Ashland-1835 and Ladysmith-1857, and making exterior visits to Duck Church-1917 and Dower Quarter-1830. You will hear the Legend of Rippons Run, visit the Harwood graveyard, visit the Southall slave graves and hear about the Beechwood Tragedy. Four centuries of history comes to life during this special tour. The evening will conclude with hot Cider and homemade cookies served in the dining room of Ashland.
Piney Grove at Southall's Plantation is a National Register landmark and an official site of Virginia's Civil Trails, Virginia's Bird and Wildlife Trail, Virginia's Time Travelers Program, Jamestown Discovery Trail and the National Park Service's James River Plantation National Register Travel Itinerary..
This event may be arranged on other dates for private groups. Historic B&B lodging is available on the property - Please inquire about special package plans. Local dining is available nearby at the Blue Heron, Charles City tavern or the Courthouse Grill.
Admission Fee: $20 per person by advance reservation
Last Updated: 10/23/2013 11:22 AM