An event for the whole family…and it’s FREE! Mixing history with family fun, this event celebrates the impact of the Lees on the drafting of the Declaration of Independence. Plan to spend the day at Stratford and enjoy family activities, fun, food, tours and more. Gates open on July 4 at 9:30 a.m. and close 4:30 p.m. NO ADMISSION FEE.
• Treakle’s Train will provide barrel-train rides
• Hands-on Geocaching
• Kids’ Scavenger Hunt – kids will receive prizes in the Gift Shop
• Westmoreland County 4H Livestock Club – showing miniature varieties of familiar farm animals near the goat pen area
• Great House will be open for free visitor walk-throughs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Dining Room (The Inn at Stratford Hall) will be open for lunch 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Plan B Bar-B-Que will be selling its famous BBQ, sides and soft drinks
• The gristmill will operate from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Apart from the free activities for the day, special kayaking opportunities on the millpond with the Virginia Outdoor Center will be available from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for $12 (cash only) per person (children must be 6 years and older).