The 57th Middlebrook Horse Show is sponsored by the Middlebrook Ruritan Club, and funds its community good works all year. Located in the midst of cornfields and cow pastures ten miles south of Staunton, in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the Middlebrook Horse Show is one of few old-fashioned country shows remaining in the Valley.
The show includes;
- Jumping classes for beginners & hunters
- A variety of open classes
- Breeds include Connemaras, quarter horses, Saddlebreds, Akal Tekes, warmbloods, Morgans, and back-yard horses.
- Summer riding camps bring their kids for the fun, and experienced riders use the show for schooling.
- Jumping classes start at 8AM
- Open classes start at noon and 5
- Ribbons and cash to class winners
- 8 perpetual trophies & championships
- Fun classes ...Champagne Glass class for riders over 40, Costume class, Family class
- Entry fee is $8 and if 4 classes are entered, the riders gets a FREE horse show T-shirt
- A concession stand sells food all day, and a "famous" BBQ chicken supper is served, starting at 4
- Spectators FREE.
The entire 2014 class list may be viewed at middlebrookva.org, and a pre-register entry form is available online. Spectators are welcome: FREE to spectate.
Admission Fee: Spectators FREE; $8 fee to enter a horse in the show
Last Updated: 1/24/2014 9:07 AM