- Shenandoah National Park - Big Meadows Area
- mile 51 on Skyline Drive
- P.O. Box 727
- Region Shenandoah Valley
- Locality Page
- Friday, August 07, 2015 (9:00 PM-11:00 PM)
- Friday, September 18, 2015 (8:30 PM-10:30 PM)
- Phone: (877) 847-1919
- Main Office: (540) 843-2100
- Big Meadows Lodge: (540) 999-2222
- Fax: (540) 743-7883
- Website www.goshenandoah.com
National Parks are becoming a refuge for many people from city lights and light pollution. Join amateur astronomers at the Big Meadows area (mile 51) as they present a provocative overview of America's vanishing night skies and tips on controlling light pollution. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and discover the heavenly lights. Telescopes provided for star gazing. Held on scheduled Friday evenings May thru September.
Time of program varies throughout season. Program cancelled in event of inclement weather. Call the day of event to confirm. Free.
Last Updated: 6/22/2015 2:33 PM