- National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- 14390 Air and Space Museum Pkwy
- Region Northern Virginia
- Locality Fairfax
- Saturday, January 31, 2015 (10:30 AM-4:30 PM)
- Saturday, February 07, 2015 (10:30 AM-4:30 PM)
- Friday, February 13, 2015 (10:30 AM-4:30 PM)
- Saturday, February 14, 2015 (10:30 AM-4:30 PM)
- Saturday, February 21, 2015 (10:30 AM-4:30 PM)
- Phone: (202) 633-1000
- Website airandspace.si.edu
It is the height of the Cold War, and tensions are escalating between the world's superpowers. An American aircraft carrying sensitive cargo has disappeared. The cargo cannot end up in enemy hands. Your mission is to find the aircraft, using aerial surveillance tools. Success depends on verifying the intelligence you gather at every step.
Smithsonian Tech Quest, a new, alternative reality game at the Udvar-Hazy Center, will test your powers of observation, your problem-solving skills, and your decision-making abilities as you take on the role of intelligence analyst. The game will engage you through hands-on activities and secret codes that lead to an ultimate conclusion. It is aimed at upper elementary and middle school visitors and their families.
A self-guided activity, the game starts with a ten-minute orientation offered at regular intervals throughout the day. The last briefing is at 2:30 pm. Staff will help guide you along the way. The game should take between 60 and 90 minutes.
Smithsonian TechQuest is made possible by the generous support of McDonald's USA, LLC.
Admission Fee: Free, Parking $15
Last Updated: 12/23/2014 2:45 PM