- Virginia Quilt Museum
- 301 South Main
- Region Shenandoah Valley
- Locality Harrisonburg City
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - Saturday, July 26, 2014 (10:00 AM-4:00 PM)
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - Saturday, August 02, 2014 (10:00 AM-4:00 PM)
- Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - Saturday, August 09, 2014 (10:00 AM-4:00 PM)
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - Saturday, August 16, 2014 (10:00 AM-4:00 PM)
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Saturday, August 23, 2014 (10:00 AM-4:00 PM)
- Phone: (540) 433-3818
- Email email@example.com
- Website www.vaquiltmuseum.org
To celebrate the cultural rhythm of the people who live in the Tidewater region today, the Virginia Quilt Museum's summer exhibit "STITCHING IT ALL TOGETHER - THE THREADS THAT UNITE US" features quilts by 42 different textile artisits who live and create their art in the Tidewater area. The quilts are as diverse as their makers. The wide range of styles reflect how the people of the coastal region come together in their art just like the water that surrounds them. The quilts on display reflect the makers' respect of self-expression and freedom to create, while reflecting individual culture, history, political views, and emotional voices melded with current influences.
Curator Wilma Gerald from Norfolk designed an interactive exhibit. "Viewers are invited to become art critics, and post their comments on sticky notes on the wall near the quilt," she explained. The notes will become part of the exhibit.
Admission Fee: Entrance to Museum is $7 per adult, members of the military and immediate family are free
Last Updated: 6/20/2014 11:42 AM