- Castleton Farms
- 7 Castleton Meadows Lane
- Region Northern Virginia
- Locality Rappahannock
- Thursday, July 02, 2015 - Sunday, July 05, 2015
- Thursday, July 09, 2015 - Sunday, July 12, 2015
- Thursday, July 16, 2015 - Sunday, July 19, 2015
- Saturday, July 25, 2015 - Sunday, July 26, 2015
- Saturday, August 01, 2015 - Sunday, August 02, 2015
- Box Office Phone: (866) 974-0767
- Tickets: (202) 721-0020
- Box Office Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Castleton Festival Home www.castletonfestival.org
It all began in 1997 in a Theatre built on the site of an old chicken coop inhabited by fifteen thousand hens…. World famous conductor Lorin Maazel invited his friends Mstislav Rostropovich and Yefim Bronfman to inaugurate his tiny “Globe Theatre”.
Since its inception, the Castleton Festival has provided a stage for world-class artists.
The 2015 Castleton Festival will host over 10,000 onsite patrons to engage with the tragic tale of Roméo et Juliette, celebrate the world premiere of a new American opera, Scalia/Ginsburg, paired with Ravel’s charming L’heure espagnole, embark on a symphonic journey with Maestro Fabio Luisi and pianist Alessandro Taverna, and bear witness to some of the greatest stars of tomorrow. Joining forces for the first time, the Castleton Festival and Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis will introduce Jazz to the festival season repertoire and the first edition of the Jazz at Lincoln Center Academy. Add bluegrass performances, an engaging presentation from Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg on Law in Opera, performances of Thornton Wilder’s Our Town, chamber music, and a tribute performance of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, and the 2015 Castleton Festival will make this a summer to remember!
Admission Fee: check website
Last Updated: 5/12/2015 1:22 PM