- Trail of the Lonesome Pine Amphitheatre/June Tolliver Playhouse
- 518 Clinton Avenue East
- Big Stone Gap,
- Region Heart Of Appalachia
- Locality Wise
- Thursday, July 31, 2014 - Saturday, August 02, 2014 (8:00 PM-10:30 PM)
- Thursday, August 07, 2014 - Saturday, August 09, 2014 (8:00 PM-10:30 PM)
- Thursday, August 14, 2014 - Saturday, August 16, 2014 (8:00 PM-10:30 PM)
- Thursday, August 21, 2014 - Saturday, August 23, 2014 (8:00 PM-10:30 PM)
- Phone: (276) 523-1235
- Toll-Free: (800) 362-0149
- Email email@example.com
COME SEE THEATRE UNDER THE STARS!
Virginia's Official Outdoor Drama and the third longest running in the nation, the Trail of the Lonesome Pine Outdoor Drama is the exciting and tender love story of a beautiful Virginia mountain girl and a handsome young mining engineer from the East.
The drama depicts the story of the great boom in Southwest Virginia when the discovery of coal and iron ore forced the proud mountain people into making many drastic changes in their way of life. The homespun wit and humor of these mountain folk is intermingled with tragedy, suspense, often violence and their final acceptance of their inevitable destiny. All are portrayed in this musical drama to bring it to a happy ending. A superb evening of family entertainment.
Performances are: Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from the third weekend in June thru the fourth weekend of August. Pre-Show Entertainment: 7:15 p.m. Show Starts: 8:00pm
Reservations for large groups recommended.
Admission Fee: $15A, $12S, $8C
Last Updated: 3/6/2014 1:14 PM