- Snyder Auditorium
- 1000 E. Main St.
- Region Blue Ridge Highlands
- Locality Wythe
- Saturday, July 18, 2015 (7:00 PM)
- Saturday, August 15, 2015 (7:00 PM)
- Saturday, September 19, 2015 (7:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 17, 2015 (7:00 PM)
- Saturday, November 21, 2015 (7:00 PM)
- Saturday, December 19, 2015 (7:00 PM)
- Phone: (276) 223-4700
- Website www.wcc.vccs.edu
- Website www.visitwytheville.com
The WCC Bluegrass & Old-Time Jamboree is held every third Saturday of the month, except in the month of June, at 7 p.m. in the Snyder Auditorium, Grayson Hall, on the main WCC campus in Wytheville.
The Bluegrass & Old-Time Jamboree was organized beginning in October of 2006 by WCC President Charlie White, who organized and hosted a similar event for many years at New River Community College. Each Jamboree features a bluegrass band and an old-time band. The bluegrass band usually performs from 7-8 p.m. and the old-time band usually performs from 8-9 p.m. Room is provided for anyone who wants to shake a leg and dance.
The event is free and open to the public. Donations are accepted to help defray the travel expenses of the bands.
The next Jamboree will be held on Saturday, August 16, 2014 in the Snyder Auditorium. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The WCC Bluegrass & Old-Time Jamboree is affiliated with The Crooked Road - Virginia's Heritage Music Trail.
Last Updated: 5/6/2015 10:18 AM