This cemetery is all that is left of the Oak Grove/Bacon Race Baptist church which dated to the 1770's. This area in the winter of 1861-1862 became the supply depot for the Confederate troops encamped in the eastern section of Prince William County. There were also several Confederate encampments in this area, including Wade Hampton's famous "Hampton Legion". There are several Civil War burials in the cemetery. Sign located at Bacon Race Cemetery.