This 18th-century parish church is a memorial to the Southern soldiers who died during the Civil War. In honor of the Confederate dead, each state contributed a leaded glass window designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany. The weathered tombstones of Blandford Cemetery date to the early 1700s, and are surrounded by locally-made ornamental ironwork. Some 30,000 Confederate soldiers are buried here where the first Memorial Day was observed in June, 1866. Tours of the cemetery are offered as part of the regular tour. Also the cemetery is the site of a special night tour on All Hallows Eve. Annual event June the Ninth Service. Call for more information.
Blandford is open 1:00-4:00 pm on Sundays and closed on Mondays.
Admission Fee: $5.00
Last Updated: 3/13/2013 12:14 PM