The Friendship Fire Company was established in 1774, as the first volunteer fire company in Alexandria. The current firehouse was built in 1855, was substantially remodeled in 1871, and was restored by the City of Alexandria in 1992. Restoration of the historic cupola was just completed in 2009. Antique fire fighting tools and apparatus are preserved today in the Friendship Firehouse Museum. Open Saturday and Sunday, from 1 p.m. to to 4 p.m., and on Presidents Day.