The Cambria Depot, known as Christiansburg Depot during the Civil War was an active stop on the Virginia and Tennessee railroad. After the battle of Cloyd's Mtn. in 1864 and during Stoneman's raid in 1865 the depot was a military target and was damaged during both. Today the depot still stands. It is of Italinate design and houses a toy store. An antique shop is located within walking distance and is also a treat for visitors.
Last Updated: 7/20/2011 11:22 AM