Brentmoor: The Spilman-Mosby House will serve as the John Singleton Mosby Museum and Education Center beginning in April 2008. The 1859-1861 Italian Villa on the National Register of Historic Places is currently undergoing extensive interior rehabilitation in order to bring its mid-19th century architecture back to its original, lovely condition. The historic grounds and gardens are immediately adjacent to the new Warrenton - Fauquier Visitor Center. The museum will serve to interpret the cultural heritage of this area through the eyes of the four venerable regional and national leaders - Judge Edward Spilman, Judge James Keith, Colonel John Singleton Mosby, and Senator Eppa Hunton - each of whom lived in the house prior to the turn of the 20th century. Brentmoor, lying in the heart of historic Warrenton, will make history live.
Last Updated: 7/18/2011 8:36 AM