Kentland Plantation is currently owned by the college of Agriculture and Life Sciences from Virginia Tech. It was originally a large plantation owned by James Randal Kent. The manor house was built in 1834-35 by John Swope. During the Virginia and Tennessee Railroad raid in 1864 by Union General Crook, the evacuating Federal army encamped on the plantation.
Last Updated: 7/20/2011 11:22 AM