The community, founded in 1810, was the Pulaski County seat through much of the 1800s. The district, a national historic landmark, encircles the entire community and contains 26 of the original log or wooden buildings including an inn which served as a stagecoach stop, a jail, hanging house, store, churches and several private residences. The Wilderness Road Regional Museum includes rooms furnished in period style and several outbuildings. A great way to spend an afternoon.
Last Updated: 12/20/2011 10:13 AM