An 80-acre park offering trench works with rifle pits, which are considered among the most pristine Civil War earthworks in existence.
The park, which opened in 1996, has a 1- to 2-mile out-and-back walking trail with interpretive signs along the path with information on the battlefield and history.
The park is primarily wooded and overlooks the North Anna River. More than 150,000 soldiers faced one another in May 1864 and the battlefield was an important precursor to the Cold Harbor campaign.
Last Updated: 7/23/2015 2:48 PM