The mansion on this 5,000-acre plantation estate was first built in 1802 and acquired at the turn of the 20th century by Thomas Fortune Ryan, a Nelson County native who had become one of the 10 wealthiest men in the nation. He made impressive alterations to the building and grounds-adding a formal Italian garden, rotunda greenhouse and railroad station, among other features. Available for weddings, meetings, corporate functions and private events. Group tours by prior arrangement.
Last Updated: 3/7/2014 9:22 AM