Old Glade Presbyterian Church: Formed in 1772, the church has stood on the present site since 1792. Brick sanctuary constructed in 1845, with several additions added throughout the years. Confederate Brigadier General William E. "Grumble" Jones is buried in the cemetery at Old Glade Presbyterian Church. Approximately 40 other confederate veterans are interred in this cemetery, including one of the New Market Cadets, William Fountain Beattie.
Last Updated: 7/20/2011 11:30 AM