Old St. John's Church, dating from 1734, has been beautifully restored through an effort of over 80 years by the St. John's Church Restoration Association. Its exterior looks the same today as in 1734. The original interior furnishings have not survived, but have been recreated based upon research into the interiors of other churches from this period. Electricity, heating and air conditioning have been installed.
Today it no longer has its own congregation, so it is used primarily for special occasions, such as weddings or concerts. A "homecoming" service is held each year on the 4th Sunday in September, with guests bringing dishes for lunch. This provides an opportunity for descendants of those communicants of long ago to worship as their ancestors once did.