An inexperienced Union army marched past here on the way to the Manassas battlefield. Many soldiers returned wounded on the way back and were treated in the church. The area then became a Confederate campgound during the winter of 1861�1862. Trails sign located 1/4 mile east of the intersection of Routes 29 and 28 at Church of the Ascension on Braddock Road in Centreville.
Last Updated: 7/19/2011 4:50 PM