Built in 1835, Olive Branch Christian Church was occupied by Union troops during the Civil War. According to local lore, Union troops slept in the church's gallery, while their horses were stabled in the sanctuary. The wooden pews and flooring were removed and used as firewood. Today, the building is still used for church services.
Last Updated: 7/20/2011 3:51 PM