Scottsville Presbyterian Church was founded on October 18, 1827. The historic pre-Civil War building dates to 1832. It is a notable example of the Federal 'Temple' style of church construction which was common in Virginia in the early 19th century. It was the first church building within the corporate limits of the town of Scottsville. The congregation remains strong and active. Visitors are welcome to see our historic building. Call 434-409-3324 to arrange for an appointment to see the interior of the church. The church is also available for rent for special functions at the discretion of the church's ruling body.