The original Spotsylvania County Courthouse was built in 1840. The area was the scene of one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War. Because of the buildings location it sustained considerable damage during the vicious fighting.
The Courthouse is one of many buildings within the Historic Spotsylvania Courthouse District. To learn more about this and all the other buildings in the area please visit our website and download the walking tour app or stop by the Spotsylvania Visitor Center for a Brochure.
Last Updated: 6/5/2015 4:40 PM