Located at the intersection of routes 616 and 614 is a small mid 19th century building authentically furnished. It is significant because it represents the early small rural dwellings once so common to Tidewater Virginia. One-story, three-bay, frame gable-roofed dwelling covered with white weather boarding and set on short brick piers.
Reverend Lemuel Reed lived here with his family for a short time during his service as minister of the Methodist Church circuit in Gloucester. His fifth child, Walter Reed (1851-1902), born here, later became a doctor and while a member of the Army Medical Corp conquered yellow fever. Now owned and maintained by A.P.V.A.
Open by appointment.