The John Barton Payne Community Hall, an elegantly columned brick building, lends itself to hosting a variety of events, including meetings, weddings and receptions, and family reunions. The hall features, wireless Internet access, tables and chairs, a separate kitchen area complete with a microwave, full size oven, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, and a double sink. The room is ADA compliant with wheelchair access available via a lift. A large conference table sits before a decorative fireplace, above which hangs a large oil painting of Judge John Barton Payne, who donated funds in 1922 to construct the building, the first permanent home for the Warrenton Library. Judge John Barton Payne, a Secretary of the Interior under President Wilson and chairman of the American Red Cross from 1921 to 1935. Maximum occupancy for the building is 100 people. The hall is in the heart of Old Town Warrenton with close proximity to county and town courthouses, shopping and museums. Warrenton is located in the northern region of the Commonwealth of Virginia and is about a forty-five minute drive to Washington, D.C., and a 35-minute drive to Dulles airport. It received the coveted Preserve America Community Award from First Lady Laura Bush.
Last Updated: 3/15/2012 3:14 PM