This two-room schoolhouse opened in 1902. Its predecessor, Stand Spring School, had been destroyed by fire the previous year. The school was in use until 1911 offering seven grades of instruction. Wood stoves provided heat for the structure, and the privy was located outside. By folding the center wall of doors, the space converted into one large room for weekly square dances for the entire community.
Last Updated: 12/13/2012 3:08 PM