Formed in 1957, the Commemorative Air Force is dedicated to preserving the history of American military aviation. The National Capitol Squadron is based at the Culpeper Regional Airport in a hangar/museum building equipped for the maintenance and display of a fleet of aircraft known as the Ghost Squadron. The NCS Now Has a total of thirteen aircraft assigned or associated with the unit- Our assigned L-5 and BT-13, and associated T-6G, SNJ, deHavilland Chipmunk, Harrier, L-39, T-28, T-34 and L-4 owned and operated by squadron members! The hangar is open on the second Saturday of each month, staffed by members who are ready to welcome visitors. Additional events and open hours are posted on the NCS web site.