- 524 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard
- Newport News,
- Region Hampton Roads
- Locality Newport News City
- Monday, November 23, 2015 - Wednesday, November 25, 2015 (9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Monday, November 30, 2015 - Friday, December 04, 2015 (9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Monday, December 07, 2015 - Friday, December 11, 2015 (9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Monday, December 14, 2015 - Friday, December 18, 2015 (9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Phone: (757) 595-1900
- Program Registration: (757) 595-9135
- Fax: (757) 599-4897
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email email@example.com
- Website www.thevlm.org
At the Virginia Living Museum in Newport News, students experience science discoveries that simply can't be duplicated in a school classroom.
The Virginia Living Museum is the mid-Atlantic region's premier science education facility where science and nature really come to life. Nowhere else can students explore all of Virginia's physiographic regions in a day and encounter more than 250 living native species of animals and plants exhibited in their natural habitats.
The museum's indoor and outdoor exhibits are carefully designed to reinforce Virginia's Standards of Learning for Science (SOLs) and national science standards. Every exhibit focuses on an important concept: Virginia's physiographic regions, animal and plant adaptations, endangered and threatened species, environmental conservation, food chains and webs, predator/prey relationships and much more.
Students can pick up and examine real natural history specimens like sea turtle ribs, mammal pelts and fossils in four hands-on Discovery Centers.
The museum also offers a full menu of formal school programs for all grade levels, taught by a professional faculty of scientist/instructors. All school programs are grade-level targeted, fully correlated to Virginia SOLs and national standards, and combine inquiry-based investigations with real museum specimens and live animals for an unforgettable learning experience.
Admission Fee: Varies
Last Updated: 4/15/2015 2:40 PM