Children of all ages delight in the Children’s Garden at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, a “learning landscape” where children can enjoy freedom to explore the natural world.
Highlights of the Children’s Garden include:
- An International Village consisting of playhouses and plantscapes suggestive of various cultures from around the world.
- An Adventure Pathway complete with boardwalks, bridges, and a Leafy Overlook.
- Water Play accessible for all to play and cool off in the heat of the summer.
- Weird and Contrasting Plants to explore, compare, and contrast interesting and unusual plant characteristics.
- Activity Centers and a Sand Play Area for digging, building, garden design, and arts and crafts.
- A special component is a Tree House that can be “climbed” by all visitors, including those with limited mobility.
Last Updated: 6/22/2011 8:54 AM