- Near 500 Tedegar St. at the Brown's Island Entrance closest to Tredegar
- 500 Tedegar St.
- Region Central Virginia
- Locality Richmond City
- Saturday, October 04, 2014 - Sunday, October 05, 2014 (10:30 AM-1:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 - Sunday, October 12, 2014 (10:30 AM-1:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 18, 2014 - Sunday, October 19, 2014 (10:30 AM-1:00 PM)
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Sunday, October 26, 2014 (10:30 AM-1:00 PM)
- Office Phone: (804) 263-7914
- Information Information@richmondtourguys.com
- Richmond Tour Guys www.richmondtourguys.com
Free walking tours of Richmond VA meet every Saturday and Sunday at 10:30 AM in front of Brown’s Island right next to Tredegar Iron Works. It lasts 2.5 -3 hours depending on what questions you have (with a short break half way through).
Park on 5th street near the river. Parking is free and unlimited on weekends as is all street parking in downtown Richmond on the weekends.
The tour is free. No strings attached.
Why free? Because our guides love history and sharing it via guided tours and hope that you enjoy the tour so much that you will tip them.
The tour includes stops at:
- Tredegar Iron Works
- A stroll across Brown’s Island
- The former slave markets of Shockoe Bottom
- Shockoe Hill which includes White House of the Confederacy, the Capital Building, and St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
- and several other stops in between!
The guide will provide insights to the buildings and to the city that will bring all of these sights to life!
All you need to bring the sightseeing tour is curiosity, but you may find some water and sunscreen useful!
Admission Fee: Free Tour - Zero $!
Last Updated: 6/9/2014 1:40 PM