Newport House was built to museum standards in 1988 from the 1756 design by famous architect Peter Harrison for an important plantation house near Newport, RI. Newport House is furnished to museum standards totally in the period with English & American antiques and reproductions. Local law limits us to two rental rooms, which means that we can concentrate on providing luxury and personal service to our guests. Each spacious bedroom contains two 4-poster canopy beds and historically authentic blankets. All rooms are air-conditioned and have private bathrooms. Full-breakfast in the morning includes dishes made from authentic colonial recipes and produce from our garden. Newport House has off-street parking and is a 5-minute walk from Colonial Williamsburg.