As recommended by the Wine Enthusiast Magazine! The Blue Ridge “Whiskey Wine Loop” provides vacationers and regional residents a convenient and intriguing travel plan through the Northern Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. The loop includes recommended visits to numerous remote “treasures” including Virginia Wineries, a whiskey distillery, Eateries, and other interesting featured locations along the way. Visitors to Virginia and Virginia’s northern bordering States, including Washington D.C., will likely find the “Whiskey Wine Loop” helpful for travel planning purposes.
Tourists visiting the Shenandoah Valley, Washington D.C. or the Northern Virginia area are particularly well located for incorporating the “Whiskey Wine Loop” into a weekend trip. If time is constrained, visitors should consider incorporating elements of the loop or a few recommended featured locations into their travel plan.
A detailed map and directions which includes the Luray Caverns, Shenandoah National Park and the Shenandoah River can be found in a downloadable format on Discover Shenandoah's web or facebook page.
The Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop offers 2 different starting points - the Luray Visitor Center or the Front Royal Visitor Center.
Southern loop Starting Point – Visitor Center, Luray, VA
- Featured Stop #1 – Wisteria Farm & Vineyard ***Recommended Dining – Thornton River Grille + Bonus excursion: Sharp Rock Winery and DuCard Vineyards (Not to be missed!)
- Featured Stop #2 – Copper Fox Distillery
- Featured Stop #3 - Hopkin's Ordinary Ale Works
- Featured Stop #4 – Gadino Cellars Winery & Vineyard
- Featured Stop #5 – Rappahannock Cellars
- Featured Stop #6 - Desert Rose Winery
- Featured Stop #7 – Chester Gap Cellars
- Recommended Dining – Mimslyn Inn - Gathering Grounds, Luray, VA
Enjoy Virginia and be sure to Discover Shenandoah's - Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop!