The Gari Melchers Home and Studio at Belmont estate includes 27 acres of woodlands, fields, and formal gardens with boxwood edged beds and walks. The studio at Belmont houses the largest collection of Melchers' works anywhere.
Chatham Manor's gardens were designed in the 1920's by America's foremost female landscape architect, Ellen Biddle Shipman.
Mary Washington House features a kitchen garden as well as a pleasure garden lined with boxwood.
Kenmore, a plantation house built in the 1770's by George Washington's sister and her husband, was the first restoration by the Garden Club of Virginia in 1924.
Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop features medicinal plants and herbs.
George Washington's Ferry Farm grows the staples of a farm garden in the 18th century - corn, cotton, tobacco, peanuts, and herbs