The Northern Neck of Virginia is a wealth of culinary experience for the adventurous Locavore. Rich soils and wide open spaces provide a plethora of sustainable and fresh produce and eco-conscious farm raised meats.
Day 1 – Welcome to the Tides Inn and the Northern Neck of Virginia! Enjoy a Lancaster Lemonade – a Southern Sippin’ Sensation, and the award-winning Chesapeake Bay Cuisine of the Tides Inn. Oyster Roasts, Clam Bakes, Chef Table events, and Winemaker Dinners available.
Day 2 – Explore Local Farms and Farmers Markets. Visit the historic Westmoreland Berry Farm originally patented 1641 and enjoy lunch along the Rappahannock River adjoining the Voorhees Nature Preserve. The Wild T Bison farm in Haynesville, VA, featuring high quality meat products with grass-fed and grain-finished animals, free from steroids, growth hormones and antibiotics. Irvington's Farmers Market features food, music, activities for children, and quality merchandise. Enjoy a variety of locally-grown produce & cheeses.
Day 3 – The Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail is a terrific opportunity to explore the scenic beauty of the area. While there are ten unique area vineyards to choose from, we recommend the following itinerary for a day of tasting and touring:
- Belle Mount Vineyards – Enjoy hand-crafted, premium wines of classic styles & unforgettable tastes on Virginia’s Northern Neck.
- Ingleside Vineyards – ‘Located in the historic Northern Neck, Ingleside Vineyards is one of Virginia’s oldest and largest wineries.
- The Hague Winery – Wines are vinted in the French style from excellent quality grapes grown with precision viticulture.
- Vault Field Vineyards - Vault Field Vineyards’ award winning wines are the result of a marriage between an exceptional terroir and the latest techniques in viticulture.
- Athena Vineyards and Winery, LLC – Presenting elegant wines in an elegant setting, located on the Great Wicomico River.
Last Updated: 2/28/2014 10:41 AM