The North Theatre is a restored facility showing classic movies and presenting all types of theatrical productions. The theatre originally opened in February of 1947 as Danville, Virginia's finest movie and vaudeville house. Unfortunately for the owner, Mr. Leonard Lea, TV hit about the time of opening and he never had a vaudeville performance. The theatre remained open until 1976. After that time it was an auction house, a number of different churches, and, finally, from 1990 to 2003, Carolyn's House of Flowers.
In 2003 a group was formed who purchased the theatre complex. In January 2005 the landmark marquee was once again illuminated, and on February 25 the curtain opened for the first public performance at the restored theater.
Admission Fee: varies
Last Updated: 11/26/2012 9:39 AM