- 101 Jordan Point Road
- Region Central Virginia
- Locality Hopewell City
- Thursday, September 04, 2014 (5:00 PM-7:30 PM)
- Thursday, September 11, 2014 (5:00 PM-7:30 PM)
- Thursday, September 18, 2014 (5:00 PM-7:30 PM)
- Thursday, September 25, 2014 (5:00 PM-7:30 PM)
- Jordan Point Yacht Haven: (804) 458-3398
- Jordan Point Yacht Haven email@example.com
- Jordan Point Yacht Haven www.jordanpoint.com
On Thursday nights in September, 2014 .... Enjoy a magical evening on the James River searching for breaching Atlantic Sturgeon. Sturgeon are prehistoric fish that are now on the endangered species list, but the James River has a growing population. Scientists are making discoveries about these wonderful creatures every season, as they migrate up into the river to spawn.
Dr. Matt Balazik, a leading sturgeon researcher, from Vigiinia Commonwealth University, will join us on each tour to share the Atlantic Sturgeon's story.
Admission Fee: $55 for a Guided Three Hour Pontoon Boat Tour
Last Updated: 2/25/2014 2:33 PM